SCOBY: growing packaging08.10.2018
SCOBY: growing packaging is a project inspired by the vegetable farming. Plants are subjected to standardization tests just like objects. The farmer is more and more an engineer and the farm becomes a factory. So, is it possible that mass-produced things will grow?
The SCOBY material is weaved through bacterial fermentation. The material is a membrane that prolongs the durability of a product and can be eaten together with its content or serve as compost. SCOBY is grown by a farmer not only for the production of packaging, but also because of the valuable by-product, which is good for soil microbiome. So maybe the packaging production will no longer litter the environment, and it will even enrich it?
Roza Janusz is this year's graduate of School of Form in the field of Industrial Design. In her design work she seeks new meanings of practicing as a process where making meets growing.
– My diploma is the result of searching for the intersection between growing and making. The project refers to the cultivation of plants, which – just like objects are subjected to the standardization and optimization. The result is a package other than all – it does not cause environmental pollution and it is harvested. SCOBY packaging is a biological, fully edible, fully recyclable solution that can be grown by producers to wrap their products and bring them to market with zero waste.
- Chris Duffey | AI Enhanced Creativity: Tomorrow’s Creativity is Here Today
Chris Duffey | AI Enhanced Creativity: Tomorrow’s Creativity is Here Today
- The Genius Face of Film Memes
The Genius Face of Film Memes
- The Darker Half. In Conversation with the Makers of The Medium
The Darker Half. In Conversation with the Makers of The Medium
- Papaya Rocks Film Festival 2021—nominees Papaya Rocks Film Festival
Papaya Rocks Film Festival 2021—nominees